“Julie is a skilled communicator and possesses extraordinary editorial skills.”
~Mel Bricker, former Co-Director D.Min. Program, Wisdom University
Editor for NY Times bestseller, and books that have won Nautilus awards, Amazon Top 5 awards, National Best Book awards, Best Social Change awards, COVR visionary awards, London Festival awards, USA Best Books awards, and Mom’s Choice award.
Julie Clayton is a freelance developmental/ copy editor, writer, and consultant for Award-winning books and creative content inspiring personal, social, and global change.
She has co-edited the anthology, What Wags the World: Tales of the New Consciousness, with her colleague Miriam Knight (2014), published by John Hunt.
Julie’s 2015 e-book, An Unlikely Place: Adventures at Kitengela Kenya — A Safari for the Soul is a pithy and delightful spiritual memoir/ travelogue describing a middle-aged American woman’s adventures at a truly unique place: a glass-blowing art community, animal sanctuary, and conservation habitat in the African bush. The life-changing adventure begins long before the author gets on a plane however, as she faces raw fears about taking such a big trip, receives unexpected heart health news, and finds her wellspring of courage. Accompanied by over 80 photographs, this free gift to you is available ONLY by downloading it from this website. No strings attached.
She is also a budding and award-winning photographer, and loves blending words and images into powerful messages of WordArt.
Julie approaches all that she does with integrity, respect, curiosity, and humor. She takes her work seriously and yet likes to cite the immortal Groucho Marx, who knew that some things in life are so serious you can only make fun of them, saying:
– Groucho Marx
Areas of Expertise
- consciousness studies and science
- self-realization, spirituality, and personal growth
- culture and social psychology
- activism and social justice
- ecology and sustainability
- metaphysics and new thought
- body, mind, spirit health and healing arts
- women’s voices
- conscious business
- consciousness technologies
- dreams and dreamwork
- books (nonfiction)
- books (fiction: children’s, youth, memoir, fantasy, and adventure)
- manuscript consultation
- writing coaching
- academic books, permissions & guidelines
- articles/essays/ interviews
- non-profit newsletters
- manuscript proposals/query letters
- websites/blogs/social media content
- book reviews
- BA Goddard College
- MA in Integral Consciousness Studies (John F. Kennedy University)
- Master NLP Practitioner (NLP Marin)
- Archetypal Advanced Dream Studies Institute, Honorary Member
- Hospice Training (Twilight Brigade, WA)
- Ph.D. candidate in Metaphysical Science
Contact Julie for a free consultation regarding your editing, writing, coaching and consulting needs.